How to use and manage your Facebook account
One of the very first Social Media platforms to be created, Facebook connects over 1 billion people every day, who like and comment collectively over 3.2 billion times every day! (data provided by Facebook).
When your business is using Facebook to promote its product(s) and/or service(s) you are utilising one of the most powerful kinds of adverting – word of mouth marketing (in a digital sense) and recommendations between friends.
Our Facebook top tips!
- Encourage new and existing customers to like and share your Facebook profile by offering incentives, discounts and special offers to all Facebook Fans.
- Make it easy for new fans to follow you – include your link to Facebook in your email signature, on business cards, letterheads, all advertising and anywhere else that your potential audience will find you.
- Make sure that all business information is up to date on your Facebook profile – if your profile does contain outdated business information it will deter people. Likewise, make sure that your business description is snappy and easy for your customers to understand.
- Add your logo and a good cover photo that represents your brand and showcases your product or service. This will be the first thing that people see when visiting your page so make it good!
- Add product / services images to your gallery – people love to look at pictures and it will really help to sell your product or service.
- To get the sharing ball rolling, promote your business page to all your friends – this will help to widen your social reach to their friends, and so on.
- Post quality content on a regular basis! I cannot stress this point enough – people will grow bored of visiting your Facebook profile if it contains the same old content as before, so make your posts/content relevant to your audience/business, include videos and photos, ask questions or seek input and opinions, give exclusive offers or specials to your fans and be timely by posting about current events, holidays or news.
- Finally, ALWAYS make sure you respond to people’s questions or comments and always answer messages – that person could be your next paying customer so don’t lose them by ignoring messages or not giving a swift response.